5-times jointed, arms. legs and the head are movable
with triangular HERMANN neckmark in the back of the head
with the green HERMANN hangtag - The bear with the running dog
with certificate of authenticity
size: 35 cm // 13,75 inch
limited edition in pieces: 70 pieces
The British Royal House and its relation to
the Ducal House of "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha"
A little historical excursion
It was in 1839 when the newly crowned English Queen Victoria fell in love with the impressive Prince Albert of Coburg from the Ducal House "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha". 4 months later, on February 10th 1840, the young couple married. They got 9 children. After the dynasty was traditionally named after the man, the British Royal House henceforth bore the name "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha" from then on as the English translation of the German name "Sachsen-Coburg and Gotha". It was only under the impact of the First World War that the English Royal House gave up the German name and changed its name 1917 to the newly created aristocratic name "Windsor", named after the family seat of the royal family, Windsor Castle, without referring to previous generations. What has remained, however, is the family relationship in the line of ancestors between the House of "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha" and the British Royal House, which leads in direct Ancestral Line from Coburg to the today's Queen Elizabeth II, the Great-Great-Granddaughter of Prince Albert of Coburg. The Teddy Bears that are created and manufactured in honor of the English Queen today in Coburg the hometown of Prince Albert - like the Teddy Bear for the Platinum Jubilee of the queen - therefore symbolize a very special authenticity.
By the way .... the ancestral line of Queen Elizabeth deceased husband Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, can also be traced back to Coburg. Prince Philip was also a Great-Great-Grandson of Prince Albert of Coburg and a Great-Grandson of Princess Alice, the second daughter of Prince Albert and Queen Victoria.
Made in Germany - Hergestellt in Deutschland
HERMANN-Spielwaren, now located in Coburg-Cortendorf / Germany, is one of the oldest still existing Teddybear companies worldwide. Founded 1920 in Neufang near Sonneberg / Thuringia the history goes back to the year 1913, when Max Hermann manufactrued his first Teddybear together with his brother Arthur and his sister Adelheid.
The company is famous for there extraordinary designs, there craftmanship, there exclusive small editions and that each bear, made in Coburg / Germany is a own personality. Each bear is made by highskilled longtime employees, many of them work over 10 years for HERMANN-Spielwaren.
Each wellknown teddybear book features the designs and also the Teddybear magacines are in close contact the the company for new styles. Des Chef-Designer is Ulla Hermann, granddaughter of the founder. Her Teddybears won famous Awards, like the TOBY Industry?s and Public?s Choice Award, the Golden Teddy Award or the TED worldwide Award.